Saturday, February 19, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

Okay, I have heard that roasting asparagus is the BEST way to cook it. I have tried several times before to roast asparagus and even had it in a previous post but never understood what everyone was raving about! That was until I figured out why my roasted asparagus wasn't really roasted. It was still just steamed.

See, the key is to not crowd the asparagus. They need room around them otherwise they steam. Also, they need to be on a baking sheet. No other casserole or roasting dish will do. The caramelization just will not happen. These may be obvious to some, but it wasn't clear to me until tonight!


These were amazing!! I served them alongside my Chicken and Mushroom Hash. Once they got to the table we decided to sprinkle a little feta cheese on top. They were fantastic. Another great side dish.


Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Feta Cheese (optional)

Toss asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay on a baking tray (do not crowd) and roast for approx 20 min in a hot oven. Sprinkle with Feta Cheese if you like when it gets to the table!

Enjoy

CC

2 comments:

  1. I do like asparagus best roasted. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this may come up as a dble comment , new at this :)
    roasted asparagus is soo yummy ! the only way I want it now . tks dale for blogging this recipe & I will surely check out lot more of yours.

    ReplyDelete