Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rosemary Cranberry Sauce

Recipe adapted from Pamela Anderson



Sometimes you see something, or eat something and you just can't stop thinking about it.

Oh, what? That doesn't happen to you? ;)

This was one of those moments. I watched Sunny Anderson make her Creamy Baked Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole, and I couldn't stop thinking about the rosemary she put in the cranberry sauce. It didn't help that we were recently at a birthday party that served turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce. All I was thinking about was cranberries.

Now, I am not a saucy kind of girl. My palette preferred very plain foods until I recently started branching out. So I would always skip the cranberry sauce. Until, Sunny started putting rosemary in it that is! Rosemary is my favorite.


Rosemary Cranberry Sauce

12 oz cranberries
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp chopped rosemary
2 tsp orange zest

Bring cranberries, sugar, orange juice and rosemary to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest. Cover and let sit for 10 min. Cool completely, cover and store in the fridge for up to one week.

Enjoy

CC

3 comments:

  1. I love adding savory things to sweet things - takes it to a whole new level! And next time you make this - add a touch of lemon zest - lemon is so good with cranberry!

    Hey we have the same background! That's the first time I've seen anyone else with it - which means we both just have awesome taste :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the looks of this sauce. I love cranberry sauce and this one looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bizzy - I found a print around Christmas time with almost the same background too at a kitchen store. Thankfully it was on clearance because I couldn't resist.

    Ann - Such a simple idea, and so very good! I hope you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete