Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Sandwiches

I almost always order a chicken sandwich/burger when I eat out. It is really one of my favorite things. Perhaps because I don't make sandwiches much at home? Maybe because restaurants usually have an unusual or upgraded twist to them? Whatever it is, I like to order it! So on the weekend I found myself in downtown Vancouver in a Cactus Club for my Cousin M's b-day.

We started the evening with a round of Bellini's. These are seriously delicious. I would have had a lime margarita - but it was almost $10 and wasn't even blended. If you are spending that kind of money I expect it to be blended into a limalicious fury and served in a big girl's glass. So, Bellini's it was. And they were peachy :)
Naturally, I ordered the Cajun Chicken Cheddar Sandwich. Now, before I go into my ranting review - I must say that this meal was good. I was happy to eat it, and thankful I didn't cook it. My Cousin A had the same thing and loved it! And although I am about to describe in detail all the things they could have done, it was still satisfying!

Okay, here I go.... First off - the presentation was okay, I mean I was starving so I would have ate that off of a paper plate! I always order fries when I go out. I can eat all the salad I want at home - but I never make fries. So I order them, and I love them. These.... well there is only one word "McCain". Seriously, I could have opened up a bag from my freezer too.

Okay moving on. Oh the drinks. This is how much of it I had devoured before my food arrived.


The sandwich. The chicken was a bit thin - I would have liked to have tasted it. The spice was really mild - which I can appreciate for those who don't enjoy spicy food - but it does have "Cajun" in the title. The bun - white, twice as thick as the chicken and had no flavor. They missed such a huge opportunity here. Multi grain, sourdough, ciabatta, baguette, flat bread.... so many possibilities. The lettuce - shredded, the mayo - plain. This all gave it a slightly fast food feel. Where is the garlic aioli people???



Alright that is enough! I was happy to have this meal with awesome relatives and had a great evening. It was tasty and did hit the spot!! This of course is just my opinion.... until the next chicken sandwich of course!!


What do you always order when you go out?

Fries or Salad??


Enjoy


CC

4 comments:

  1. I seriously want one of those bellini's-now! I have to say, I'm a fries girl. I'm with you, I can eat salad at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I order different things all the time, but usually never sandwiches ... don't know why not!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny. I LOVED the sandwhich. I wonder if there were 2 different people making them, because my mayo had some spice to it. It wasn't overly spicy like you said and I wish it was more too. I ordered the Ceaser Salad with it and it was alright. Could have been a bit bigger! (LOL) I preferred the shredded lettuce to a big 'ol honking lettuce leaf that you tend to get on sandwhiches, and the tomato was thin enough that I didn't have to pick it off. There could also have been a bit more cheese..lol. The bun I thought was the best part! But then again I am a carbs kinda girl and give me a bun or bread and I'll be happy.
    All in all it was a fabulous sandwhich and I will definatley order it again s
    hould I find myself at a Cactus Club in the future.
    One thing though, they could have put a bread basket or something on the table (their appie menu was seriously lacking)...I mean c'mon after nothing to eat almost all day because of travelling and then diving into those HEAVENLY Bellini's...we needed something..lol!!

    p.s. It was FABULOUS to see you guys again! Can't wait until July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to take my mom to try the Cajun Chicken Cheddar Sandwich. She loves spic flavoured foods without all the spice, and always has a hard time finding something like that, yet still mild. Mmmm and I want one too!! <3

    ReplyDelete