Thursday, March 3, 2011

Toffee Triangles

Recipe from Hershey's Canada

My dear friend, Christy, over at Full of Beans made these scrumptious bars at Christmas time. I do believe there was a challenge for me to make them and I finally got a chance!! This recipe makes a large amount of rich, sweet, buttery Toffee Triangles. Great for a holiday or party when lots of people are around. I promptly packed these all up and sent them to my husband's work.

The recipe was quite easy and came together quickly. You make your dough and push it flat onto a baking sheet. This was the trickiest part - getting the dough even all the way through.

When your bar comes out of the oven sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips. The heat will melt them in only a few minutes and then you can spread the chocolate.

Sprinkle with your toffee bits. I left my cookie sheet out on the counter for a couple hours, then cut it, then popped it in the fridge overnight.

Toffee Triangles


1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
2 cups Chipits Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 F

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until creamy.

3. Stir in flour and 1 cup of the toffee bits. Press into ungreased baking sheet.

4. Bake 18 - 20 min of until light brown. Immediately sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips over top. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes; spread evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely. Cut into 3 inch squares; cut each diagonally into 4 triangles.

Makes 60 triangles.


Enjoy
CC

2 comments:

  1. These toffee triangles look so great. I love toffee so I know I would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I LOVE toffee! Going to have to try these, for sure.

    ReplyDelete