Monday, January 24, 2011

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Adapted from Anna Olson




After being inspired with my Slow Cooker Beef Dip, I decided to search out a pulled pork sandwich. This one is originally supposed to be done in a the oven but I adapted it to the slow cooker to allow for more of a lazy day! The taste was great, but I found it did not have a traditional "Saucy" feel to it as pulled pork usually does! The process is simple and I am sure it will please (and feed) a crowd!


I served this with my Baked Zoo Sticks and I used my Garlic Bread Seasoning on the buns first.



Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

2.5 lb pork tenderloin

4 strips of bacon

1 cup dark beer

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/4 dark brown sugar

1/4 cup BBQ sauce

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tbsp instant coffee powder


1. Slice bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and put into slow cooker.

2. Season tenderloin and in the same pan as used for the bacon, sear all sides until a nice crust has formed. Place in slow cooker.

3. Add remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for minimum 6 hours. An hour prior to eating, shred tenderloin with 2 forks and return to juices in slow cooker.

4. Serve on toasted buns.

Enjoy

CC

1 comment:

  1. Maybe some of that Cowboy BBQ Sauce that your Mom uses would be good on it??? Give it a bit more sauce once it's done?
    Gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete